September is the month to celebrate life and turn over a new leaf. This month is all about helping individuals gain a more positive outlook about growing older. Fitmotivation has lots of videos dedicated to water exercise for older populations.
And to celebrate Healthy Aging Month, we posted an extra special video. AEA CEC Provider, Susan Abel Sullivan, shares ideas for games and themes that create fun and fellowship in aquatic fitness classes. Aqua Games & Themes features activities that include positive social interaction while still maintaining a fitness workout.
Looking for other aquatic fitness videos for your older adult aqua classes? There are 28 videos in Fitmotivation's Healthy Aging category. Below are 10 of the most recent and most popular.
1. Standing Balance
Ruth Sova shares 10 of her favorite standing balance exercises
2. Vertical Core
Ruth shares 10 of her favorite walking walking/core exercises
3. Ai Chi ROM Ruth demonstrates how to transform tranquil Ai Chi flow into effective flexibility and range of motion (ROM) training.
4. Aqua Rejuvenate
Mix up some senior choreography with segments of intuitive fitness – allowing the students to own their workout.
5. Mature Moves – Mobility Matrix
Steph Toogood provides an exercise prescription for aging and living well.
6. Mature Moves – S.M.A.R.T Circuits Take away a circuit format with seniors in mind – allowing for both exercise and social interaction.
7. Extension for Function Ruth Sova demonstrates how to tweak aquatic base moves to create more extension and posterior movement.
8. Anti-Aging Aqua 1 & 2
Dom from Australia shares and epic two-part tutorial on creating functional, low impact water fitness combinations.
9. H20 Functional Flow
This low impact workout blends together functional choreography and focused strength training.
10. Arthritis: Aquatic Essentials
This video showcases the components of an AEA Arthritis Foundation Aquatic Program.